From the desk of Tricia Cardone, a Featured Partner of The SWAT Institute:
It’s that time of year again – to create, brainstorm, envision and dream for what is ahead! With 2012 almost upon us, we’ve devised some ideas for how you can not only reflect on this past year but also begin the New Year in a fun, positive, and upbeat way. We would love to hear if you try any of these suggestions… here is to your transformation and ongoing evolution!
- Get clear on your values. What are they? Why are they important to you? How can you live them out better? How can you develop a personal development plan that aligns with your values?
- Start a journal to keep track of your daily insights.
- Pick 12 inspirational books that you would like to read for each month of the year (these can be books you already own and/or books that you’d like to buy).
- Create a vision board with pictures of your hopes for 2012!
- Find inspirational blogs that you can follow for continued motivation in 2012!
- Reflect on the support that you need in your life. Do you want to see a new dentist or a life coach? Figure out who you want to add to your network of support and take the necessary steps to add them!
- Develop a fitness system that works for you whether that is a gym membership, home Wii Fit workout, or a schedule for running, jogging, or playing an intramural sport.
- Write the story of your success. What do you plan to accomplish in 2012 and beyond? What will the story of your life be like?
- Create a playlist with your favorite inspirational songs to play throughout the year whenever you need inspiration and motivation.
- Make a list of your best strengths and examples of when you use them in your various contexts. Ask others to help you add to that list in case you forget any of them!
- Spend a day to complete a home project that you’ve been meaning to take care of (e.g., cleaning out a wardrobe or closet). If applicable, donate any unwanted, gently used items to others. Your trash is someone else’s treasure! Clearing out any clutter provides a space for new opportunities to come in!
- Begin keeping lists of positive aspects in your journal… what are 10 things that happen each day that you appreciate? Remember: what you appreciate, appreciates!
- Start a diet diary to keep track of what you are eating. Take note of how you feel after each meal. Might you have any unknown food sensitivities/allergies? Do you eat certain foods that you know you really shouldn’t? Let this year be the year of building and supporting your best self ever through healthier lifestyle choices such as beginning a healthier diet, exercising regularly and creating a smokin’ self care plan.
- Select a few close friends to be apart of an accountability group. Pick a consistent schedule for the group to meet and share each other’s progress toward personal and professional goals. Pick people who you know will really hold each other accountable!
- Find a new recipe to make and enjoy with others! Make this year be the year where you explore and be open to all of life’s possibilities!
May 2012 be your best year yet…filled with oodles of peace, love, joy, vibrant health and prosperity!
Featured Partner of The SWAT Institute
Website – www.apassionforhealthyliving.com
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NHHealthyLiving?sk=app_190322544333196
Twitter – https://twitter.com/#!/NHHealthyLiving
Tricia Cardone, CN is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition® school and is a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach. Tricia is also an established natural foods cook/instructor. In the past she specialized in cooking meals for those with a multitude of health problems with a special emphasis on candida and allergies. Tricia gives ongoing cooking classes for those with various health concerns by teaching them cooking alternatives with the omission of gluten, refined sugars and hydrogenated fats. Tricia works with each client to help each individual move towards optimal wellnes .
If you would like to share your work and blog on The SWAT Institute website Join our Featured Partners Program.
Find out more here: www.swatinstitute.com/swat-affiliates.html